Your corporate tax needs will range from routine annual compliance to specialist advice in planning and supporting your business strategies and transactions, varying according to your particular sector and business circumstances.
We can help you plan a tax-efficient approach to every aspect of your business, one that sees the whole picture and works with you to protect the interests of your stakeholders.
We cover all matters related to compliance, transaction support and planning issues of a company. We have extensive experience in handling all types of communications and negotiations with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
Our corporate tax compliance service includes:
- Efficient approaches and processes for gathering tax data and meeting your financial reporting obligations as regards tax, whether you are an audit client or not.
- Preparation and submission of tax computations using the latest software capable of meeting the current online filing requirements.
- Advising on specialist areas such as R&D tax credits or capital allowances, in order to maximise the tax relief obtained by the company, submitting relevant claims on your behalf.
- Agreement of your returns and tax liabilities with HMRC and managing the relationship with HMRC on a day to day basis or where you have a formal tax enquiry.
In recent years, a huge number of changes have been introduced through new legislation. These changes make it difficult for businesses and their owners to identify and take advantage of opportunities that might reduce their tax liability.
Our experience of providing corporate tax advice covers a vast range of specialist areas and transactions which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Group restructuring - splitting a company's business units into separate companies, distributing shares in subsidiaries to the parent company's shareholders, hive-up of assets from subsidiary companies, including obtaining advanced clearance/approval from HMRC where necessary.
- Due diligence - advising on tax issues in relation to acquisitions/disposals, including advice in relation to the Share Purchase Agreement and tax-efficient structuring once the transaction has been completed.
- EIS relief - advising on the optimal structure of proposed investments, obtaining prior HMRC clearance/approval on the EIS investment and dealing with all necessary paperwork to provide investors with their EIS certificates.
- EMI schemes - advising on the possible structure of reward schemes for clients, ensuring that schemes meet the conditions to qualify under EMI, agreeing valuations with HMRC and ensuring ongoing compliance with the EMI scheme rules.
- Transfer Pricing - advising on issues relating to transfer pricing between related entities, within the UK and internationally.
- Thin Capitalisation - advising on issues relating to cross-border financing.
We also have a wealth of experience in dealing with enquiries and investigations by HMRC into a company's affairs. These range from small enquiries on certain aspects of the company's tax affairs right through to a full-blown, detailed investigation.
Using our experience to manage the relationship with HMRC throughout the process, we strive in order to achieve a successful outcome for our clients within a reasonable timeframe.
We pride ourselves on our level of service and our attention to client needs. We strive to ensure that clients reach the end of a tax enquiry/investigation with the minimum of stress and disruption and only pay any taxes that are properly due.
Where other professional advisers are in place, we can work with those advisers and seek to ensure that the relationship with adviser and client remains intact.
For more detail on how we would work to help you, contact Martin Dunne and Phil Taylor.